Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Yes that's my car after a long day at work...gotta love the snow!
The view outside the kitchen window when I woke up this morning:)

Well winter has finally arrived. It's the middle of December and aside for a few snow flurries in Oct this is our first big storm. You'd think living in the mountains would prepare people for driving in snowy conditions, but you'd be surprised. Yesterday I spent the day slipping and sliding around the streets, watching people slide off the road as they tried to turn or stop on the slushy ground, unable to find traction. I really do take for granted that my tires are going to find pavement. There's really not much you can do but sit back and enjoy the ride when you're sliding on the snow covered ground...fun fun!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's really pretty! Nice shot. I'm glad I won't have a white Christmas!

Audrey said...

Haha...I hear ya!

Wendy said...

We got next to nothing at our house, but my in-laws just a few miles south got about as much as you I think. I'm not ready for slipping and sliding!