Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dating

I hesitate to post much on here about my dating adventures. Mostly they're not all that interesting or they're too personal. But yesterday I had one of those experiences where I had to ask..."is this really happening?" The story begins a week ago when I started chatting with this guy on line who, for the purposes of this story, we'll call...Bob:). I use the term 'chatting' loosely, mostly we ended up arguing. He'd ask me a few too many personal questions about my body type and I'd tell him to go find someone else. Or he'd get upset when I wasn't available to go out at the drop of a hat. I told him to plan something or, once again, he could go find someone else to bother. Oddly enough he didn't go away.

Finally yesterday I agreed to get together for dessert/hot chocolate/whatever. He told me it would be later in the evening since he was working on a project. Now, to me later is 8, maybe 9. I guess its my bad for not clarifying because he wasn't ready until 10. And at that point Bob was still asking me what we should do and where we should go. (Let me take this time to interject that there's nothing more annoying than a date that has no plans!) Keep in mind I've still never met this guy and now I'm driving off into the night to meet up with an stranger. But have no fear, I'm well practiced in the art of on-line dating at this point and we're meeting in a public place.

Moving on...as I'm driving into town to meet him I get a phone call. Bob's on the other line telling me he just got in a car accident. My initial thought was he's a jerk and he's bailing on me by making up the car crash story. Sadly for him it was all true and he's probably gonna have to get a new car. But I get ahead of myself. So, once I figure out he's really serious I inquire as to what I should do now, go back home and we'll try again another time, etc. He still wants me to come and since I'm already on my way, I continue. As I'm driving up to the accident I see several police cars (no other cars are involved, he hit a barrier or something, no injuries or anything else, just a banged up car) I'm seriously laughing because I cant believe I'm coming to meet this guy at the scene of an accident. That's definitely a first and very memorable (not)date. He ends up getting a ticket for reckless driving and after standing around awkwardly while the cops deal with the situation, I drive him home. Keep in mind he still has to go tow his car. Oh and I almost forgot to mention, as he was getting out of my car he said, "you are cute"...as if it was ever in question! Seriously, seriously!

So an hour and a half later I'm on my way back home. At this point I'm certain Heavenly Father has a sense of humor and wondering if I'm the star of my own little version of Punk'd. For those of you who are single, laugh with me. For you married ones, be grateful you only have one person to figure out and deal with. My options are still endless and that's looking more like a black hole right about now than a starry eternal bliss:)

5 comments:

Laura C. said...

Seriously! That IS one for the books. Don't think I've heard an experience quite like that before. I think it's even more funny that he was in an accident all by himself! Like HELLO!! Anyway - good luck, and I really have no advice for you.

Stephanie said...

Yikes! I guess your initial instincts about the guy were right on. You gotta give him some sort of credit for allowing you to see him at the scene of an accident. He must have really wanted to meet you. What a crazy story.

Monica said...

I'm sorry, I can hardly type through my laughing. Shut Up!!! You know I'm laughing WITH you, right? What a crack up....and after all of the other recent adventures?! I can honestly picture it and I wish I could have been a fly "at the scene" (better yet a big fat wasp to sting him in the butt).

Keep up the fight...I'm convinced your reward is gonna be pretty darn incredible.

Lots of love to ya :)

Melanie said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard, Audrey, that is so hilarious! I LOVE it!!! :)

hutchingsheadquarters said...

truly lol! this is a great story....i'll probably be sharing it as one to top off other's blind date stories! ha! now, i need a follow-up story about the interludes ya'll have shared since. any way, it was so much fun to see you yesterday, i loved it! lets go to lunch next month or get together again soon!! now that i have your blog, i'll be checking in for more humorous stories:)