Monday, June 1, 2009

All in a Day's Drive

So one of the things I love about living in Utah is the mountains. I am forever going on drives up the canyon and just enjoying the nature that is so close to my home. For Memorial Day I drove up through Park City and down through Heber to Provo, then on down to Springville and Mapleton. Here are a few pictures from my drive...



Jordanelle...I love the clouds. The picture doesn'd do them justice.


Coming up behind Timpanogas there are numerous beautiful views of this mountain. This one was taken while I was driving, through the passenger side window:)




The cabin...dont remember all the stories but I know its old:)




The House in Mapleton. There were flowers and the trees are so much bigger than I remember...ah the memories


And last but not least, I attempted to track down Granny & Grandad's grave sites. I was on my mission for both of their funerals so I had no frame of referance. Its really a bigger cemitary than it looks like. So somewhere here I paid my respects to two amazing rolemodels. And isn't Mapleton Mountain pretty in the background:)

3 comments:

Laura C. said...

You did get some good photos! I can just imagine sitting on the front stoop w/ granny snapping peas...

Stephanie said...

How cool that you visited the house again. Too bad you missed the gravestone. I forgot that you weren't around for their funerals. And I too remember snapping peas!

Margot said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. IF YOU WOULD LIKE WHEN WE COME IN JULY WE COULD TAKE YOU TO THE GRAVE SITE. DAD WOULD ESPECIALLY LOVE THE PICTURE OF MAPLETON MOUNTAIN. HE LOVED THAT MOUNTAIN.