Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh..oh...Beautiful!

Today I decided to take a drive up the canyon to spend a little time with nature. For those of you who don't know, I am one of the blessed few that doesn't have church until 2:00pm (and yes I'm being sarcastic). Thinking ahead to my blog I even had my camera with me. I actually love taking pictures so this is a huge motivator for me. Anyway, here are just a few of the amazing shots of nature that I ran into up Big Cottonwood Canyon.




Top right is a rock formation that I wanted to share because when I looked at it on my camera it looked to me like a lyon. Those of you with a shred of imagination can see the king of the jungle if you but look.....below is a picture of the changing leaves on the Aspen trees up by Donut Falls....and above, one of my favorite pictures of the river.

I'm not really the nature type but it was nice to take a drive up the canyon and just relax. The weather was beautiful. It was a time of reflection and peace and sometimes that is the best thing in the world. Life is full of everyday amazing things. We are truely blessed!

3 comments:

Laura C. said...

good pics. The trees are beautiful! It's fun reading your blog!

Monica said...

At least one of us is using our "photography class" skills. What did the teacher call it, "chicken dinner"?

Stephanie said...

Wow! What a fun adventure. Those are great shots.