Monday, November 3, 2008

Teen Pregnancy & TV



So I just read this article on the link between teen pregnancy rates and sexual content in TV watching. I sent some of you and email about it but not sure if it worked. Here's the link so check it out. Its nothing you probably dont already think about current programming but its interesting to read about the literal links between content and teen pregnancy rates. Maybe this jumped out at me because of the type of kids I work with, but I also think it has a lot to do with the amount of very poor programming that is on TV now days. It's sad really how few shows are positive and uplifting to watch...not very many.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The day after I talked to you about this, I was on my way to work, and they were discussing it on the morning radio show!