Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This is NOT my life!!!

So last night around 10 my roommate came in and said..."you're not gonna be happy with me". Keeping in mind I already knew she was planning to move at the first of the year, I said what, I'm sure its fine. Then she told me our landlord had someone else to move into our place and I couldnt stay either. Oh, but it gets better...since we were on a month to month lease, we have to be out on the 15th of December, one month from the time she notified him. So not only do I no longer have a home, but I have to figure it all out in about 2 weeks and over at least one holiday.

Now, being the happy, sunshiny person I am, I'm trying to look on the bright side, but I need a little help. So I'm gonna spend the rest of this blog writing down all the great things that happened in my life this year in a last ditch attempt to not have a nervous breakdown. Please feel free to add...(and due to the complete crazyness in my head, these events are in no order at all)

1. The elections are over
2. I am healthy
3. I have an amazing family and wonderful friends
4. I have a job!
5. I dont have to work graveyards anymore:)
6. I have actually dated a bit this year...yeah (see Niclebacks song "Gotta be Somebody", it is my theme song)
7. I have a car that is paid for
8. I get to go home for Christmas
9. We had a great time in Tahoe for our family reunion
10. 2009 has got to have tons of blessings coming!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, first, I totally laughed about your theme song. Whenever I hear that song I think of you.

So happy thoughts...this too shall pass. Christmas is coming, which means everyone will be cheery and more friendly! You look young for your age, and seem younger too! You are such a thoughtful person, and your notes in the mail make people smile. You started blogging! You have a great haircut, and fun shoes. You get to go to the movies when you want. You are a skilled and a valuable employee. You are an awesome person, and the best big sis three little sisses could have! Oh, and the coolest auntie too! Love you girl!

Audrey said...

OK you totally made me smile Steph! Thanks, that's exactly what I needed:) Love you tons!!

Margot said...

MORE HAPPY THOUGHTS: YOU LIVE IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. YOU HAVE THE GOSPEL IN YOUR LIFE. YOU HAVE THE MOST AMAZING SMILE AND LAUGH. YOU HAVE GREAT COMPASION FOR OTHERS. YOUR USE YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS NOT ONLY FOR YOURSELF BUT OTHERS. YOU HAVE AN INCREDIBLE ABILITY TO LOOK AT THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE WHEN IT GETS DIFFICULT. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER, A GREAT EXAMPLE, AND A PRECIOUS CHILD OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER WHO LOVES YOU. I BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE A FINE 2009. MOTHER

Laura C. said...

WOW! Steph and Mom did good! The only thought coming to my mind right now is "Maaaaaan, that sucks!" Sorry to be reality check of the situation.

You're in my thoughts and prayers!